<VV> ignition (coil) voltage

kovacsmk kovacsmk@Access4Less.net
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:49:10 -0500

 I noticed a query about ignition voltage in the last VV and this
afternoon just coincidentally I installed Petronix ll and 40K coil in my
'66 4 dr. The voltage suggested for this set up is full 12, bypassing or
paralleling the resistance wire. When I checked the voltage at the coil
+ terminal with the ignition on and engine not running, I read 11.9V.
Running engine the voltage goes up to the battery/alternator voltage of
13.5V. I think is OK not to bypass the resistance wire in this case as
the voltage to the coil is at least 12V. Looks like the resistance wire
is not doing much in this car. (The wiring harness is all original with
the obvious resistance wire in place)

 Any comments??

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS