<VV> Re: Club Car

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:32:47 -0500

> From: Shaun <shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca>
> Subject: Re: <VV> Performance workshop
>
> It's a rust-free '61 Monza coupe that's had all the superfluous
> weight removed,
------------smit--------------
Smitty says:  That sounds like My kind'a car Shaun.  All racy looking and
might even perform too.  Like, I would put a 10,000 rpm tach in Spike if
I had one and set the red line at 9,000.  Spike has vendor decals all
over the fenders now.  Looks tacky as hell.  I love it.  Don't get to
thinking of the car as a non-performer though.   With a good 110 and PG
it should get around the track pretty good.  Be sure to get plenty of neg
camber on the back end and either put shorter shocks on it or some kind
of camber restraint.
        Speaking of air scoops. I may have the only Early Corvair hood
scoop in the world.  Goes on the rear deck and faces forward.  Beauty is
definitely in the eye of the beholder.