<VV> Corvairing again

Dave Beaulieu nsrifle@ns.sympatico.ca
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:41:43 -0400

Corvair Fever here as well. After our 'white hurricane' of two weeks ago
and two successive days of sunshine and plus freezing temps it's real
nice here. Printed off the Corsa Convention Kentucky registration form
this am and will mail it off tomorrow.

Out to the garage this pm - tidy up - put away the Christmas / winter
collection of stuff and fired up the Corsa for the first time since
November. Electric fuel pump - five pumps of the pedal - $10.00 trickle
charger four hours a day (on a timer) - went first couple of cranks of
the starter. Little bit of 'lifter chatter' for a few seconds. As the
Dodge guys say - 'Sweet'!

But - mice or squirrels seemed to have cached their feed in the
mufflers! In the Fall I put mice bait seeds in the trunk, cabin and
engine compartment, along with 'bounce sheets' in the cabin and trunk. I
don't put bounce sheets in the engine compartment in case I forget and
they get 'sucked' somewhere. Well no sign of critters in the trunk or
cabin, but all the 'seeds' were gone from the engine compartment. Once
she started - seeds out the mufflers everywhere. Also some out of the
shrouds. After a few trips around the block to get the 'secondaries'
flowing, those critters are either in orbit, roasting under the 'turkey
roaster' or 'basting in sunflower oil' in the mufflers! Will dig deeper
into the problem come Spring!

Dave B. Nova Scotia, Canada - 65 Corsa 140/4 Coupe - Corsa Member