<VV> Corvairing again

Norman C. Witte ncwitte@wittelaw.com
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:35:06 -0500

It has warmed up quite a bit here in Lansing and we have had rain for most
of the last week, washing the salt away.  They are calling for more snow
this weekend, but last night the temp was in the fifties.  I went out to the
barn and fired up the Vairs.  The convertible has a pretty bad lifter tick
which I am going to try treating with Seafoam.  The Corsa started right up
and burbled happily.  My oldest son was at a friends house about three miles
away, so I eased the Corsa out of the barn and went down to Hummels to pick
Jake up.  What a wonderful thing to drive a Vair for the first time since
last November!  I am definitely getting the itch again.  Jake was thrilled
to ride in the car and was begging for me to take the long way home, but
since I haven't told my insurance carrier the car is back on the road, I
thought it best to go staight home (I know, I was naughty).

I am sure that with all the spirited and good natured debate on VV everyone
is waiting for me to sound in on the Hank vs. Bill race (ok, maybe not).
Both guys are classic Vair guys, both are decent fellas that are well
qualified for the job -- and both are "acquired tastes."  Whoever wins, we
all owe a  debt of gratitude to them as well as the many other individuals
who are willing to spend their time on behalf of our club.  I know I could
not afford the time if I wanted to, which quite frankly, I don't.  Having
served on similar boards, it's a lot of work and not that much fun.  So
thanks to all the candidates.

Norm Witte