<VV> Judson Carb

chuck chsadek@adelphia.net
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:06:11 -0500

Eric,
	If you haven't taken the carb apart, cleaned and adjusted it,
then you need to do that.  You can use a carb cleaner dip or try and
clean passages with Brakeclean.  With the red plastic/nylon tube on the
can, you can generally flush the passages.  Air helps, but don't apply
air thru the passages to a closed carb, because you could damage the
float.  You do need to clean out the passages.  Check for bad gaskets
which might cause an air leak, affecting the carb operation-messes up
the reference air pressure for the "signals", or allows the desired air
flow to bleed off, again resulting in incorrect "signal".

Chuck S

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Eric S. Eberhard
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 1:44 PM
To: Sadek Charles H DLVA
Cc: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: FW: <VV> Judson Supercharger Install Complete!!!

Hmmmm.  Thanks.  I had observed that making the idle circuit as rich as
possible helps ... I was thinking that perhaps the idle jets are too
lean
(my mains are variable and I think about right at this point).  If it
was
getting a bit more fuel at idle then perhaps it would be better?

The carb is the correct carb for the application so it is a problem
specific to my carb, not to improper application.

To fix these passages could it be as simple as cleaning the carb (e.g.
take
apart and dip in cleaner and/or spray some air through passages?).  Or
is
it harder than that?  One Idea I had was to just send the stinking carb
Wolf Enterprises and get a quality rebuild ...

Thanks so much for your help!

At 11:05 AM 3/4/04, you wrote:

> [...]
Less
>throttle and it stumbles a second and then goes.  I also feel this when
>coasting to a stop ... it just abruptly transitions to idle (it does
not
>die you just feel it).  When trundling along at 35 or so on a flat road
it
>will transition down then with a tiny touch of the pedal transition
back
>up.  I am pretty sure this is when the mains kick in or out versus the
>idle.  ..... Any opinions or advice?

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a

message)
(720) 339-4765          Cell

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html