<VV> Stomberg 97s

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:09:19 EST

In a message dated 3/5/04 11:06:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
flash@vicspdi.com writes:
Hmmm ... it is a carb for an old flathead ford, but is a Holley 94 2bl.  I
have had many people tell me this is the correct carb, but you are the
second to mention the Stromberg ... wonder if both were used at various
times?  If you go to the Judson Register all the cars pictured use the
Holley -->  however they are all VWs and the Holley "bugspray" is common on
VWs anyway.  I cannot tell from any of the pictures of Corvairs what carb
it is because there is not enough detail.  The install instructions do not
indicate the model ... I will say that the Holley bolts up correctly and
the linkage attaches correctly with the Judson kit adapters.

At last weeks Hotrod And Performance Restoration show in Indianapolis, one
company had on display, a fuel injection system set-up on an Edelbrock
head-equipped Flathead Ford V8. Each of the three throttle body injectors were
designed/styled to look just like the old Stromberg 97 Carbs, with a removable "float
bowl" that really covered the pair of injectors. It looked really classy and
almost a "Period Piece". It was cute. - Seth