<VV> Re: Late spoiler

NOSVAIR@aol.com NOSVAIR@aol.com
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:20:35 EST

In a message dated 3/5/2004 10:15:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:

> All the 66 models had a taller front spring as stock, and
> always sat higher in the front. I believe the stock spoiler does, indeed,
> make a
> difference in the highway handling, especially in cross-winds.

I often wondered why a '66 looked ungainly without it's stock spoiler
attached.  In this form more than half of the tire height can be seen from a frontal
view.  Not very attractive given the LM's superior styling.  Every Corvair can
benifit from the use of a front spoiler.

Bruce Webster
'60 500 Sedan
'61 700 Coupe
'64 900 Coupe