<VV> Trivia, was: Late spoiler

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 18:34:35 -0500

All this talk of the front "spoiler" on the '66-9 cars, and I bet nobody
knows the real GM name for it. FWIW, it's a VALANCE PANEL. GM never
intended it to "spoil" anything, rather it was meant only to cover up
the view of the mechanics underneath. THAT's why the center is angled
back, instead of pulled forward. A REAL spoiler would have been pulled
forward, so as to cut into the air and duct it around the car. Being
angled back, it probably shoves more air underneath than it does duct
around. This is also why the Corsa Enterprises' spoilers (and similar
designs) work so much better.

-Mark