<VV> Welded FW's

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:44:52 -0700

There was discussion a few weeks back about welded flywheels.  I mentioned
I had done my own at home with the appropriate MIG wire for cast iron.
Well we got the engine out of the Corsa today and got the flywheel off.
The welds look like the day I put them on, they seem to have held up just
fine.   Four equally spaced equal sized welds around the perimeter spanning
the three pieces. This is a pretty low mileage original flywheel.  Probably
10,000 miles when we put it in.  Anyway we did treat it pretty rough, as
rough as we could with a 95 engine.   Many times put as much power as the
engine would put out as quickly as we could through it...  So we were not
exactly gentle with it.  Looks fine though, will re-install it with the new
140.

-Geoff Johnson
66 Corsa Cp
63 Monza Cp