<VV> Boxer Motor

JVHRoberts@aol.com JVHRoberts@aol.com
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 10:17:38 EST

Ferrari would beg to differ. They call their 6 throw flat 12s boxers. Not to
start a fight, mind you.. <G>
No doubt Ferrari, et al, use a 6 throw crank for stiffness reasons. A 12
throw crank gets to be quite flexible with all those journals, and on a 12,
there's no loss of smoothness, since they are basically a pair of L6s sharing a
crank.

In a message dated 3/7/2004 9:57:36 AM Eastern Standard Time, pottsf@msn.com