<VV> Re: [fastvair] Which Car ?

JWCorvair@aol.com JWCorvair@aol.com
Sun, 07 Mar 2004 18:50:58 -0500

Is this the same car described as Doug Roe's car in "How to Hot Rod Corvair Engines?" The "How to ..." book has an article about Doug Roe's car showing a light colored car and another article about Bill Thomas'es car with a picture of Mike Jones and a dark colored car. (Light and dark are the best I can describe colors because the book is in black and white.) Both cars appear to be 1960 coupes. I always assumed that Doug Roe had built one car and Bill Thomas had built another car. Later Doug Roe bought Bill Thomas'es car and so had two race cars. This is now becoming confusing to me. It seems that maybe there was only one race car.

Regards - Joe White
62 Sedan
Boulder, CO