<VV> Re: Warren's Roe Car

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 23:06:51 -0500

Smitty says:  I live a bit of a sheltered life in some respects.  I
wasn't even aware that Doug Roe and Bill Thomas ran the same car either
jointly or together.  In fact from listening to Doug at San Jose, all I
remember from the conversation was him talking about going to local
autocrosses and getting pruned.  Then making changes from week to week,
gaining a little and losing a little till he was able to be competitive.
I guess the hill climb and road race car must have come much later.  Is
that the same car ???
        Oh BTW.  On the Boxer thread.   Ferrari called opposed engines
boxers.  He built opposed and alternate firing engines and they were all
boxers to him.  Who am I to argue ?