<VV> Running 140 with One Carb per Side

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:16:25 -0500

140hp engines run well with just their primary carburetors (Rochester HV),
but obviously, they don't make as much power as they do with a properly
functioning, properly adjusted secondary (Rochester H) working in addition
to the primaries. This modification should NOT be expected to improve
performance, except in respect to fuel economy. It MIGHT also improve
reliability.
     What exactly is your purpose in making this modification? Are you
trying to consume minimal fuel, make the fastest time, or merely improve
your chances of finishing the race (not breaking down)?

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Gino Callegari Melo
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 8:57 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> RE: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #124 - 15 msgs

Dear I4m Colombia South America I4ll race my corvair in a vintage cars
race..but I do not want to be in last place again..I4m thinking to change a
head for a 140 HP but clogging one of the carburetors and work with one
carburetor per head  this conversion is usefeul?

Anybody knows?

Regards

GINO CALLEGARI M
BOGOTA, COLOMBIA