<VV> body codes

Keith Hammett khammett@stainlessfab.com
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:40:03 -0600

Reporting back to the group on the two '65 Monza Convertibles that I have.
The first one I gave the body tag info on already, however there was some
question on the first group (I reported a 1 then a 2).  After looking at the
tag there is definitely a mark before the 2, I do not think it to be a 1
(number one) as it is different than other 1 (number one) on the tag.  How
were the body tags made?  Was a typewriter type machine used, or
letter/number dies for each character?

The first body tag is as follows:

          O5C                  W
ST      65-10567           WRN  19284       BODY
TR      795-            C2                           PAINT
          I2LS3C4PU5W-

Could the "figure" before the 2 just be a mismark or accidental stamp?  Also
this car had the oil bath breather support in it (I did not think to look if
holes are on other car without this feature).  The car has a padded dash,
4speed, am radio, rear ant., oil bath bracket.  I do not know what kind of
mirrors were on the car as it did not have any when I got it.

The second body tag is as follows:

          02A
ST     65-10567          WRN    10492     BODY
TR     713-              P2                        PAINT
         W2MS3C4PU-

This car has the PG, padded dash, radio? (assumed am with rear ant.), rear
ant.  I am not sure on the mirrors since this car has been "worked" over and
doors do not appear to be original to the car.

Both cars have the Monza instrumentation, neither have air conditioning,
both have air heat.  Since One has the "U" and one doesn't rules out that
the "U" stood for air conditioning or delete of heater.  You might note that
the second car could have had anything changed, it is a real rough car that
has had some problems in the past (I found evidence of an accident when
taking off parts).  I do not have a build sheet for either car.

Keith Hammett