<VV> Clear out carbon deposit with Water ?

Tony tonyu@roava.net
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 23:38:32 -0800

At 2026 03/08/2004 -0800, Matt Never_Give wrote:
>I just got my copy of How to Keep Your Corvair Alive
>and contained within it suggests pouring two coke
>bottles of water slowly down the carb throats with
>engine at 3000 rpm.
>
>Before I try this was wanting to make sure this really
>works ??

It works... but it's been my experience that it takes more than one
application to make any real differences.   If you do it weekly for a few
months it does seem to keep carbon buildup off the pistons and chambers.
Make sure the engine is up to temp when you do this so as to make sure no
water remains in the exhaust system.

I know a fellow who ran a water injection system in his car and his
pistons/chambers were spotless when checked during a teardown.  However,
there was evidence of milkiness around the filler spout and crankcase
breather plumbing... nothing evident in the oil itself.

tony..