<VV> Re: [fastvair] Which Car ?

James Rice ricebugg@mtco.com
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 21:40:09 -0600

Joe:  I have copies of the ads in Comp Press & SCCA's Sports Car...so yes,
we sorta know the dates of ownership transfer.  Also know from magazines
articles about when Thomas and Roe both got into Corvairs.

With Thomas, the car raced in So. Calif , mostly in non-SCCA events,
including drag racing.  Maybe mostly drag racing. There was a very strong
and independent minded Calif Club at the time.  Remember the SCCA was based
in Conn.

Roe mostly ran in what we today would call SCCA regional size events and
local club events.

In both cases, the contemoporary motorsport publications didn't cover those
events much.

Ugly truth is, if Peterson Publishing didn't have a soft spot for Corvairs,
we would know much about either car or drivers.

What Warren has in his files is what Thomas gave him and what Roe collected.
That is the only real source of info.  Trust me here.  I have Comp Press &
Sportscar back that far, and have been thru both a couple times for various
car owners.

James Rice