<VV> carb rebuild ???

christopher d czepyha thegeek2@juno.com
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:42:01 -0800

I am rebuilding carbs for the second time.   First time with an actual
corvair vendor kit, from Lon

For the first time I am replacing the jets.  Did not intend to, but they
got fubared removing them.  Had to delicately drill out the middle and
hammer till they freed up.  Are 52's still the preferance for a stock 110
pg.

I noticed a couple differences with this kit and the kit that was in the
carb.

1. The kit included two small round red gaskets.  About the same size,
but one was thicker than the other.  The thinner.  The smaller one
matched the needle seat gasket.  Where does the other gasket go?

2.  The pump return spring is much heaftier than the existing carbs.

3.  The existing kit had only one spring around the needle.  The kit
included two.

Thanks to all for their assistance.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!