<VV> projection tb on turbo vair

ken campbell deltainc@grm.net
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 01:10:51 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rodney Sampson" <rsampson@swbell.net>

> Has anyone tried to adapt a Throttle Body Fuel Injection system to a Vair
?
> Thanks
> Rodney Sampson
**********
Denny Christensen from Ames, Iowa, put a 2 injector HolleyProjection in
front of his turbo back about '86 ... as I disremember ...
At first he used too sharp a 90^ adapter, it did weird things, then he
epoxied or welded in into a smoother curve, and it almost worked good.  I
think it always idled rich and he finally took it off, I believe.  that was
the early type, with no feedback from exhaust oxygen etc. or even MAP or air
flow sensor except for the throttle position sensor.  Those had a box for
the dashboard where you tried to outguess idle, acceleration , high speed,
with little knobs (g).  No provision for boost matching, unless you fiddled
with the regulator??
I think he used both of those big 80 lb/hr injectors, and also we still have
one on my wifes Nova 350, and heck it idles rich also, ( and hot floods ).
Maybe those big injectors don't pump slow real good.
Looking back, it would have been interesting on his corvair to substitue a
couple of 50 lb/hr injectors, maybe switch one off at idle,   and play with
the fuel regulator a bit to follow the turbo boost.
Maybe he did, I don't have all the details.  If I get by his Denny's
Automotive in Ames, I will try to get the story and report back.  If someone
beats me to it, please feel free to do the same first.
regards, ken campbell, iowuh