<VV> Resuscitation

Stephen Upham contactsmu@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:23:17 -0600

The carburetors are officially shot.  The water pickling they endured
has removed any hope of their reuse.  I already bought the complete
rebuild kits but have no carburetor bodies to rebuild.  I also have
purchased a Petronix solid state ignition kit.

Should I :
      A) Get used carburetors capable of being rebuilt and install the
kits that I have
      B) Buy complete carburetors and just install using the Petronix
      C) Look for alternative sources (besides GM) and methods (fuel
injection?) of carburetion and try to sell the kits that I bought

  Factoids :
      The engine is being rebuilt from the ground up at .030 over.  The
mechanic, a great guy named Ken Richardson, and I began the reassemble
of the engine yesterday with installation of the crank, cam, cylinders,
pistons, lifters, on the short block and the push rod assemblies on the
left side.   I hope to be able to enjoy driving my Monza for at least a
couple hundred thousand more (s)miles.  As such, I want the best
carburetion system to allow for the engine's true potential.  I would
prefer for it to augment the specifications of the engine overhaul.
This will not be a show car, but it will be a head turner.   I want a
car with a lot of pep, that's is both fun, economical, and trouble
free.   I have the factory '65 air conditioner condenser above the
blower fan.
      Now, let's open up those phone lines  . . .

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas

Mid prod. # -1965 Monza sedan 110, Sierra Tan - Saddle, PG, A/C,
original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, w/ 77K