<VV> Resuscitation

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <corvair@fnader.com
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:13:12 -0500

Corvair carbs are among the easiest carbs to build... very straightforward and I've been doing it myself for
years. There is no "better" carb that's going to give you the driveability and reliability of the stock carbs for
a street-driven car.

However, getting good usable cores for the home rebuilder are getting harder and harder. Many old
(junkyard-type) carbs are so gunked up internally that's it's difficult to get the passages fully open even with
the highly caustic carb cleaner you can get to do a soak.

In the past I've had Grant (GYoungwolf@aol.com) build non-Corvair 4bbls for me (I do so few it's easier to
have a pro do it) and was astounded with the quality of the work, the appearance of the carbs, and the
price (less than half the "going rate" for rebuilt carbs from any of the larger vendors).

Based on these experiences and his general reputation in the Corvair community, when my wife's car
needed a set of carbs, I took the easy way out and bought a set of Corvair carbs from him. These are the
finest Corvair carbs I have seen... they rival the NOS carbs that show up every now and then. For the price, I
doubt I'll be building many carbs for myself in the future (though like you I have plenty of carb kits on hand). I
plan to buy from Grant and save the kits for emergency repairs....

No connection with Grant other than as a very satisfied customer...

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD