<VV> Scam of a different slant?

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:39:08 EST

Wondering if anyone else on the list has gotten a message with an offer to
buy some Corvair stuff (in my case it was 50 late model carbs) from a person in
Lagos, Nigeria. This one was a bit different than the one where you are
offered millions of dollars, in that it had a credit card number.  I played along
and inquired as to the remainder of the information and got a billing address,
etc. While I don't think there are all that many Corvairs in Nigeria, I suspect
that if someone actually sent something that the charges would be "disputed"
and cancelled? I plan to call the Visa CC folks on Monday to report it. A
private reply is fine.
Thanks,
Grant