<VV> No parade, but a nice show, anyway

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 21:58:13 -0500

Pictures at this site:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125348398PqUJMl

Tidewater Corvair Club was turned away from participating in the Norfolk St.
Patrick's Day parade this year - the first one we have missed in 15 years,
I'm told.  All due to a paperwork snafu, basically.  Had I known in advance
we were not going to be in the parade this Saturday, I might have elected to
go to the Myrtle Beach show.  However, a few of us did find something to do
with our Corvairs on a cool but sunny Saturday.  The Virginia Beach Farmer's
Market invited all old cars and antique engines to gather in their parking
lot on saturday afternoon.  We brought 7 Corvairs and I think there were 3
or 4 other old cars, 1 motorcycle and a couple of antique farm engines.  I
guess everybody else was at the parade.

We had a good time anyway, and quite a few people came to look at the cars.
I live very nearby the Farmer's Market so I took a chance and drove my son
Geoff's 1965 convertible there, even though it is still running on only 5
cylinders (still waiting for the refurbished 140 heads to return from the
shop).  It made the 3 mile round trip without incident.

Bill Hubbell
TCC President 2003-2004
CORSA Eastern Division Director Candidate 2004

"No Corvairs were harmed in the typing of this message"