<VV> Vol 1 #146 - msg #3, Speaker Location

Paula Tilsley markt17@fuse.net
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 04:16:57 -0500

John

You could mount speakers down firing under the seat.  The base and most
of the midrange should come out OK but you will lose all of the high end
frequencies (it is very directional).  If you do this you might want to
look into mounting tweeters under the dash.  They make an enclosed type
that swivel to aim.  Better yet, I would look into small self-enclosed
speakers (kinda like computer monitor speaks) mounted under the dash.
You'll get better sound, a whole lot easier to install, and you won't be
bobbing up and down every time you play your favorite Black Sabbath tape
(Unless of course you like that sort of thing).

Thanks,

Mark Tilsley
markt17@fuse.net

Message: 3