<VV> RE: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #153 - msg #9, THANKS

Paula Tilsley markt17@fuse.net
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 05:18:55 -0500

Richard

I completely agree with you.  Its like having 30 big brothers.  Also
agree on the head turning.  I never knew so many women "had a car just
like that", only blue or green or whatever.  Recently, I was at a gas
station with a broken fan belt.  The engine was pretty hot, a lot of
smoke was coming out and the carbs were hissing* (fuel vaporizing, I
guess).  I'm standing there with a fire extinguisher in my hand, looking
concerned, and this guy wanders up like nothing is happening and wants
to chat about the car!  (So of course I did......the engine had to cool
anyway).  Well about 4 curious people later, I got the new belt on and
went on my way.  All this is to say; don't be in a hurry when your
driving your Corvair.  Add 20 minutes to chat with curious people.  If
you should happen to meet another Corvair owner (as it seems you have);
well you've pretty much shot the day.  It's a lot of fun.  I've had my
Corvair about 3 weeks and am considering quitting work to have more time
to play with her (kidding).  Good luck with your restoration!

* The car currently has a 95hp engine in it, the turbo is due for a
rebuild.

Thanks,

Mark Tilsley
65 turbo vert