<VV> Re: Tool#J8362

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:22:55 -0500

Smitty says:  It is a bit of a problem to turn the gears without the
proper tool.  I made mine for one time jobs 25 years ago and still using
them.  One for automatics and one for sticks.  Simply carved round a
piece of wood about 2" long, for a drive fit into the end of the shaft.
Drilled the end of the wood for a drive fit with a cheap 1/4" drive
socket (my inch lb torque wrench is 1/4").  In truth, the wood eventually
split and I had to twist a piece of wire around it.  Thing is, it only
takes 10 min to make and you can throw it away if you don't want to keep
it, and it won't damage anything.