<VV> '64 Leaning

Dan Greve dolfan_77@yahoo.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:20:34 -0800 (PST)

To any who has ever felt a-kilter

I've got some serious lean problems with my '64 Vert.
Since I've bought the car, the rear left was 2" lower
than the rear right, and the fronts were level at 7.5"

I figured I had some weakened coils, since there were
about 4 spacers per rear coil, I'd replace them with
the Heavy Duty springs that Corvair Underground sells.
  One of the rear springs has an extra coil, and is
supposed (according to the vendor) go on the left
rear.

Well, after installing these 4 new springs, and 4 new
gas shocks, I have 3.5" of lean in the rear left, and
1" of lean in the front left.  ARGH!!! What the heck
is going on!!?

Figuring the culprit might be the infamous leaf
spring, I'd remove it and see what happened.  Well,
it's still leaning, albeit lower to the ground.  I
haven't had time to take any more measurements, but
I'd figured I'd ping the group, to see if maybe I am
missing something.  Can anyone provide some sage
advice?

-- Dan Greve
-- dilapidated '64 Monza