<VV> Fan belt problems

Ebarr19@aol.com Ebarr19@aol.com
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:28:14 EST

Hi all
  I have the spring belt tentioner on both the SPRINT and the GEEZER
autocross cars, I have never flipped or broke or had a belt come off on the SPRINT. On
the GEEZER the same thing until autocrossing a couple weeks ago I spun out on
my last run and when I got to the pits I found the belt was around the top of
the fan and still working. I put it back in the pulley and it is now ready
for the SECC autocross here in Florida the 27th &28th.
  I also believe the spring tentioner helps add life to the bearings and
harmonic balancer.
Gene Barr