<VV> stuck door - update

Eric Marschner emarschn@yahoo.com
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:24:45 -0800 (PST)

Here's the deal, folks.  I took my 67 Monza cvt into
the body shop to get new rocker panels welded on as
well as quarter panels.  I dropped the car off in the
morning and got the call later in the day that the
passengers door will not open.  Perplexed, as this has
never happened to me in this car, I went over there
this morning and indeed the door is stuck.  It looks
like the door is not all the way closed, but it is
certainly stuck.  The problem is, the car is on a
lift, and so I couldn't get in there to see if I could
fix it myself.

I basically told the shop to go ahead and open the
door via the brute force method when they could.
(somebody get inside, push with their feet, while
somebody presses the button from the outside). I hope
it works.

I'm 99% sure that, although there was some pretty good
rocker rust on this car, the unibody has not overly
flex.  The floor is certainly ok (no holes, etc)..

Good news: they already have the new drivers side
rockers welded in, as well as a section behind the
front drivers wheel.  Looked like a great job to me.

Eric