<VV> Bad smell

James Dallas BEC176@msn.com
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:11:54 -0600

Ned,
     How much 100LL do you need?  You just need to know somebody that's a
pilot(me)......Stuffs not cheap but I can get you all you want.  The secret is
not to tell them it is going to be used in a street car as it has no highway
taxes on it only aviation taxes (which is more expensive).  But it is a dryer
fuel......due to it using lead for lubrication.......it can and will eat old
rubber hoses.  Let me know if you want some and we can dig up some fuel cans
and fill'er up.

Jim Dallas
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: AeroNed@aol.com
  To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
  Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 9:15 PM
  Subject: Re: <VV> Bad smell

  I agree completely with the current stink of the current pump fuel and the
  fumes the result when burning it. It's so bad that I have to leave the
garage
  door open after pulling the Corvair in. I've tried different jets, air
cleaners,
  no luck. The best thing I've done so far it to point the tailpipes straight
  out the back of the car. I really don't like the black tail pipes almost as
  much as the wife doesn't like the smell when I come home, from the car. <G>

  You think a guy that works for a major general aviation manufacturer should
  be able to get his hands on some avgas...

  Ned