<VV> Trans fluid (manual)

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:02:34 +0000

Guys
I have read this thread with interest.

> As Craig mentioned (congrats to Craig BTW for working with the technical department) ATF does NOT have the correct molecular structure for the differential gears, which require a special gear oil.

The Eastern ULTRA Monza is equipped now with a rebuilt 4 speed and rebuilt diff.  AMSOIL Gear oil has been placed in the transaxle. Can't go wrong with AMSOIL. I don't know if you have a posi transaxle, or if Corvair Posi's require the GM posi additive or not. But if you do, your local GM dealer has the additive in stock.

If you like, contact Ken Hand (vairmech@aol.com)  for his amsoil account number, which might be of some help navigating the AMSOIL online site. That's how I got mine.

I have no experience with the Red Line products, though I have heard of them, my boss's cousin is a drag racer and they use them.

Remember folks, ATF in transfer cases and manual transmissions is a development of 90's and 21st Century technology----the Corvair is and always be a "Child of the 60's"

Regards
HANK