<VV> Re:A/C recharge

Frank DuVal corvairduval@cox.net
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:52:17 -0500

Stick with R-12 or R-134a. As said in earlier replies, no professional
can work on a system with blended products unless they have dedicated
equipment to that particular product for evacuating and recharging the
system. So if you fill your system with Freeze 12 and go out of town and
the A/C goes on the fritz, who can work on it? Only a shop with
dedicated Freeze 12 equipment. The system cannot be evacuated with an
R-12 machine or a R-134a machine. First, it would contaminate the
machine's storage tank, and in the case of an R-12 machine this would
mean 100's of $$$$ of lost product in the storgae tank, second a BIG
fine  when the shop is caught.

Read up and ask a lot of questions when doing a conversion from R-12 to
R-134a. It can be done well. Only a few vehicles have real problems with
R-134a conversions.

Frank DuVal

64 Spyder Conv.