<VV> It's Alive

sarahvair@juno.com sarahvair@juno.com
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 01:48:42 GMT

Had the pleasure of meeting up with Artful Dodger today at Daytona International Speedway.  The speedway was hosting the Spring version of the Turkey Rod Run.  Art's car looked great.  I'll let him tell you about his first road trip in it.  Wait till Lexington and check out the improvements he has made to the CORSA dash.

Not many cars at this show.  Last I heard there were about 1400 cars.  The Fiero's were there in full force.  They had to have had at least 70 - 80 of them.  Lots of neat things in the swap meet.  Some Corvair parts but VERY over priced.  I saw 4 mutilated Monza dashes for a price of $75 each.  OUCH, now maybe if there were a clock in one.....

My car performed flawlessly and had lots of looks.  As I was driving home a 32 Coupe pulled up beside me and the driver yelled, Hey, I bet you won't be voting for Nader.

Anyway, it was a great day and it sure was nice to be driving top down in 79 degree weather.

Next weekend promises more of the same for the SECC Autocross.  It's not to late if any of you want to come on down and soak up some rays and run your cars.  Remember any make and model is welcome to participate.

Sarah