<VV> Re: Belt Survey - What is your favorite?

Dan & Synde dsjkling@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:24:45 -0800

I noticed several have mentioned these great "Long-life" belts but then go
on to say they get several thousand miles on them.  Are these being
autocrossed or what?  I mean, in the following post it may be understandable
being 5 years old, it probably rotted off but as I said in my earlier post,
I get 40-60 thousand miles out of a belt on a corvair, no problem.  I just
buy a name brand belt and put it on.  Serrated, non-serrated.  Doesn't seem
to matter.  It's like a game to see how long they will last:)

Dan Kling
1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4 spd,3.89,110hp
1963 Spyder (restored but no engine yet)

>From: "Jon Gilbert" <jon@gilbertgrp.com>
>To: "Virtualvairs@Corvair. Org" <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
>Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:15:44 -0500
>Subject: <VV> Re: Belt Survey - What is your favorite?
>
>Another excellent, long-life belt that worked well on my car is the old
Napa
>Premium XL 25-14233 (028K).  That belt went a good 5,000 miles and 5 years
>on my 68'.
>
>Unfortunately it appears to be discontinued, as I cannot find it on the
Napa