<VV> Floor pans

Keith Wells kewells@medscape.com
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:32:12 -0500

Hi folks, I have been lurking/learning over the past couple of months
as I have passed the time awaiting the temperature to get into a more
hospitable zone in the garageWith the coming of Spring it is time to
get stared in earnest on the new cara 63 Monza 4 speed convert
with the 102 engine. I have learned so much about Vairs over the
winter, from members at my local club, from CORSA, and from this
list. In all, I have experienced a very welcoming and enthusiastic
atmosphere that I never enjoyed with any other car I dabbled with
before. This is good, for as I dissect my little project I find that
I am in deeper with this car than any other previous Lots to be
done, which brings me to my first question. I need new floors. Any
experience with the pre-formed panels from Clarks? I have never
welded in floor pans before and dont know how to go about cutting
out the old floors, esp at the attachment to the frame rails at the
front and rear. Also, I have rust out at the dog leg on the
rear frame rail (incorrect terminology for a unibody, but I think
you understand what I mean). Any experience in repairing this? The
rest of this car is solid, with good rockers etc..  Just has small
holes in the floor and that one worrisome spot in the dog leg at the
rearwas inspected and tagged when I bought it and unbelievably being
driven around townThanks so much for your thoughts

Keith Wells
1963 Monza vert
1976 GMC = ton PU
1967 Cessna 172

Sent by Medscape Mail: Free Portable E-mail for Professionals on the Move
http://www.medscape.com