<VV> Springy Thingy in my Grease Cap

JVHRoberts@aol.com JVHRoberts@aol.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:48:58 EST

Well, it does a little more than that as well. In the day when these cars
were designed, electrical systems weren't as well designed nor as robust as they
are today. Given that the dash ground on an LM Corvair is nothing to brag
about, there was the potential of sending current down the cable, and potentially
through the bearings. Ball and roller bearing designers recognized this long
ago as a quick way way to kill a rolling element bearing is to pass current
through it when it was rotating! This is why the right one doesn't have the same
grounding spring.

In a message dated 3/24/2004 12:38:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,