<VV> Springy Thingy in my Grease Cap

Charles Morgan charliemorgan@comcast.net
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:48:02 -0800

FWIW:  The '66 Assembly Manual shows the springy thingies as part of the
radio option (U63).  I assume that means that if the car came without a
radio it also came without springy thingies.  According to the manual the
proper name is "static collector assembly" and there is one for each front
wheel (though I don't think I ever saw a car with both).  Interestingly the
part numbers are different--I guess that has something to do with the
speedometer cable drive.

Charlie Morgan
Beaver State Corvairs