<VV> Re: Early Model springs

JWCorvair@aol.com JWCorvair@aol.com
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:13:52 -0500

Hi All,

I replaced sagging original springs on my 62 sedan with a set of Clark's HD springs. When I took the car for an alignment I found the rear camber was +0.5 deg. I cut all springs one full coil and it changed the rear camber to -1.5 deg. I set the front camber to -0.5 deg. I also use regular gas shocks at the front and HD KYB gas shocks at the rear. The handling is decent.

I agree with all the other comments, particularly the comments about getting a 64 rear suspension or a camber compensator. The tech guide has an excellent article about how one person set up his EM sedan. Well worth reading for those who want to set up a great handling street machine.

Joe White
62 sedan
Boulder, CO