<VV> U-Joint and Lost Needle Bearings--Newbie Question

John Green jgreen@alum.mit.edu
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:04:38 -0500

I am replacing the wheel bearing assemblies in my 1965 Monza and have
another question.

When reattaching the u-joint to the yoke on the wheel bearing assembly, one
of the bearings that attaches to the yoke came off of the u-joint itself and
a few needle bearings were lost on the ground. I hope I have enough of the
terms correct so that you can point me in the right direction.

What do I do now, and can I get the needed parts locally?

I would also like to thank those of you who responded to my question a few
weeks ago about removing the emergency brake cable and a damp wheel
cylinder. The radiator clamp worked very well and I have replaced the two
rear wheel cylinders.

Hope to meet some of you in Lexington

John Green

John Green