<VV> VV H4 lights

John Miller jncmiller@mchsi.com
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:45:06 -0600

 I just installed (4) H4 90w hi/low beam bulbs (HID style, but not true HID)
in a LM coupe I am working on. The wiring is original but good condition.
Continuity checks out fine in all directions. H4's have three tabs like on all
older hi/low beam lights. To use these on hi beam only I bent away the third
tab.
  All went fine, hi/low worked as it should, until I plugged in the fourth
bulb. After about 30 seconds all four headlights, high beam indiucator, and
tailights start flashing like an ambulance on its way to a 10 car pileup.
  I disconnect one headlight and all is normal again. I reinstall the regular
halogen sealed beams it works properly again. I checked the wiring and nothing
is getting hot. It almost acts like some kind of RF interference buildup but I
am unaware of this being able to affect this type of electronics.
  Any ideas out there? No lights going off or coming on in my head right now.
I'm open to suggestions.

                                               John Miller
                                               Iowa