<VV> "Brite" Bulbs get dim in a hurry

Mikeamauro@aol.com Mikeamauro@aol.com
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:43:23 EST

I've been trying to use the "Brite" tail light bulbs sold to replace a
standard 1157.  The Bright bulbs are, no doubt, noticeably brighter than a standard
1157; only problem, the bright bulbs are only lasting a few months in service.
 Has anyone had a similar experience with the "Brite" bulbs?  I am having the
same experience with all three Corvairs in which I'm using the bulbs.
Sockets, wiring, voltage, all fine....bulbs just blow out wayyyyyyy to soon.  And a
follow up: has anyone else found any other GOOD 1157 substitutes?

Thanks in advance,
Mike Mauro