<VV> Re: Whitney's stuff

NOSVAIR@aol.com NOSVAIR@aol.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:25:34 EST

In a message dated 3/29/2004 10:57:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:

> half bumpers, front and rear with a
> chromed affair surrounding the front license plate.

These are the Cal Custom goodies.....probably some of the most tasteful
aftermarket accessories offered for a EM IMO.  I run one of their rear grills on my
'64 (thanks again Lon A.)  The horizontal bars tend to make the back end look
lower and wider and their construction of stainless take minor abuse without
denting as easily as aluminum.

On a similar note I recently aquired a copy of Auto and Motor Sport
Illustrated, volume one, number ten, august 1964.  The inside cover is a full page ad
from Bill Thomas which lists his various Corvair/Corvette/Chevrolet offerings.
His Corvair "Super Spyder" blow through turbo kit (& 2 pressurized carbs) is
listed for the princely sum of $150.  Kinda makes you dream about your own
little "Persian Connection" come true.

Bruce Webster