<VV> Air Intake Panel Removal

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Thu, 13 May 2004 11:15:24 -0400

You have to remove the trim piece. The way to do that is to buy the special
tool (<$10) for the purpose that is sold in auto-supply stores (or our
vendors) and follow the directions on the package. Tough part is finding all
the clips. They're in there, and the tool is the only way to get them.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Geoff Johnson
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 11:49 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Air Intake Panel Removal

Working on the 66 Southwest Ultra  Corsa ....  Painting the rear decklid.
It was a real mess.  The car is a rust free body but it sat with stuff on
the decklid for years and it ate slight pits all across the top.  None
through, not deep but enough to be annoying.  Anyway I want to remove the
air intake panel below the back window so that I can glass bead it and
refinish it.  How does it come out?  Do I have to remove the window trim
along the bottom of the window?   Only have shop manual for it onhand today
and dont see it in there.

Thanks
Geoff Johnson
66 Corsa   Cp