<VV> Seat adjustment

Tony tonyu@roava.net
Sat, 15 May 2004 09:19:28 -0700

At 0457 05/15/2004 -0400, Dorairaj Isaac wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>I am having problems with adjusting my drivers seat on my '66 P/G coupe.
I am
>six feet tall and with the seat in the extreme back position it is alright
for
>me.  The trouble comes when my wife drives the car.  She is only 5' 2" tall,
>so she moves the seat forward.  The problem is the seat does not want to stay
>in the forward position.  I have taken out the runners and checked them, they
>seem to be fine.  It seems to work perfectly when it is taken out. But the
>moment the seat is put back in position, it will not stay in the forward
>position.  I have taken the seat out many, many times but cannot find the
>reason for it not staying in the forward position.
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks.
>Dorai <><

Hey Dorai (gonna make Lexington next month? )

If you don't find it a pain to take the seat back out again, check it
upside-down and sight along the mount brackets and see if maybe one of the
brackets might be bent or warped.   If the seat is bolted into place with a
bent or warped bracket, the adjustment mechanism may bind up and stick so that
the claw on the adjustment lever doesn't fully fit into the holes on the
runner, letting the seat slip back.   You might wanna check the claw to make
sure it's not worn and rounded off, and the spring on the lever as well to see
if it's not stretched or likewise weakened.   I'd still put money on something
being bent causing the mechanism to bind up when the seat is bolted into the
car.

tony..