<VV> Re: MY input on the dual master cyl again

N2VZD@aol.com N2VZD@aol.com
Sat, 29 May 2004 12:22:05 EDT

IF  you sat thru a saftey meeting demonstrating the possible(probable)
failure of steel tubing with conventional fluid in it after setting a few
years and
see the samples and photos of tubing from the inside you would want all new
tubing and silicone fluid with dual master cylinder. the tubing fails
because(in
most cases) of microscopice weak spots in the wall from the inside..little
cone shaped holes by the moisture in the fluid acting like a drill.  now if
you
watched a car have its brakes fail (with injuries)and saw others that had
failures you would be on the soapbox with me!!   i drove a 62 vette home 235
miles
annd blew the tubing off it as i drove it into my shop to store it with
minimal effort. i have blown tubing off many cars in the process of
inspections in
ny state shop. many were only a couple years old so the issue was outside
rust
not inside like our old cars.its your bullet  dodge it..my flame suit is on
regards tim colson..
i only know what i have seen and done!