<VV> A/C

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Sun, 30 May 2004 17:43:32 -0400

The upside of using the '66-7 condenser is, as you say, the engine
accessability. The downside is that the engine compartment MUST be
sealed, or you'll burn up the condenser core. It requires a different
servicing technique, and it's why the factory added a mercury switch on
the compresser clutch ground wire.

To install one on a '65, you'll need to move the regulator, as it sits
at an angle that interfers with the core location. Other than that and
what Joe mentioned, it works well. It might have just a little less
cooling than the '65 core, but since the Corvair has such a strong a/c
system, you'll probably not notice.

-Mark