<VV> More light down da road

JVHRoberts@aol.com JVHRoberts@aol.com
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 08:11:58 EST

In theory, a great idea, but in practice, there's a significant problem.
You'll lose the low beam bulbs VERY quickly, for two reasons:
1. It's a LOT more heat than the innards of the bulb are designed for, and
you'll overheat the envelope and possibly explode the bulb all over the insides
of those nice headlights!
2. The 'common' connection from the bulb to the base WILL overheat and burn
through in a short period of time, like less than an hour.

You may ask how I know this. I ruined a Cibie H4 headlamp this way, and lost
a replacement bulb from frying the common connection.

In a message dated 11/6/2004 1:46:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,