<VV> Original color or not?

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:05:00 -0500

>I also plan to pick a white from a present day car, so if I have a small
>boo boo to fix, I can go to Autozone and pick up a can of touch up paint
>to fix it. You may want to think about that if you decide to create your
>own color.

This is an exceptional piece of advice and one I forgot to give in my post.  While you _can_ get touch up paint to match your vintage color paint job, being
able to pop into Walmart or Autozone and pick up touchup paint is very handy.

In fact, several years ago when I did a cheap MAACO type paint job on a driver  '67 Monza coupe, I chose a modern pickup truck color (that was very close to
the stock "vair color) which was available in big spray cans. I prepped and sprayed the "hidden" areas (trunk, engine, door jambs) myself ... saving a bunch of
money over having the MAACO type place do it.

Bill Elliott