<VV> GWFBT&SM Report - Thursday night

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:56:19 EST

Dateline, Palm Springs California

The weather in Palm Springs today is supposed to be sunny and 75 deg.

Is that about perfect or what.

The Vaterans Day Parade yesterday was really special... Or so I was told.  We
weren't able to
make it early enough to witness it first hand. We did, however, see many of
the Warbird fly
overs and they were spectacular.

One downside to the parade being yesterday is that they cancelled the
Thursday night Market
Night that we always enjoy.

We did have a great dinner at the Village Pub once we learned that  our
favorite, Las Cansuelas, would provide us with a, well over, one hour  wait. I can
now recommend The Village Pub. Just ask to be seated well away from  the
"lonely" piano player if you want to
converse.

Corvairs all over the Ramada Parking lot and several trailers promising an
abundant supply of
parts or whatever you may be looking for. This is gonna be GREAT!

The weatherman has promised us good weather for the weekend with a small  (20
to 30%) chance of showers on Saturday evening. We should be inside enjoying
the Banquet by then.

It appears that Vintage Corsa of Orange County has a quality event planned
and if you can
find a way to  make it I would point the front bumper this way and put  the
pedal to the metal.

Y'ALL COME!

Tim  Abney

Proud Member of
United  Steelworkers of America, Local 7600
Life Member McHenry County Illinois VietNow

Member American Legion Post #777 - San Bernardino, CA
Member  Society of the First Infantry Division (Big Red One)
KLIK - Lai Khe, RVN -  1967-68
Corsa Member
I.E.C.C.  President
1965 Corvair Monza Coupe - Valley Vairs Cover Car January 2003 - 2nd Edition
1964 Corvair Monza 4 Door - Back burner project
1961 Corvair Lakewood Wagon - Starting  restoration

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of steelworkers%20logo.jpg]