<VV> She's Alive!...NOT Recap

Ken Wildman k-wildman@onu.edu
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:14:39 -0500

At 12:22 AM 11/19/2004, Frog Princezz wrote:
>For those of you who are trying to be more than helpful, let me recap my
>fuel pump situation.
>I am running a cheater line from the fuel pump inlet to a gas can.  I am
>not trying to pull gas from the tank.  Today I did get a bit of a gas leak
>at the carb inlets (at the fuel filter housing) but it may have been due
>to the gas line not being fully tightened.  I had put gas into the carbs
>and that may have been the gas that was leaking and not the fuel pump
>pumping.  The fuel pump that is currently installed came from one of the
>VV members that is pretty dang positive that the pump is operational.  Not
>to mention he would not have wasted his time sending it to me because he
>would love to hear that my vair is running as much as I want it to run,
>just like everyone else on this site.  Unless you guys just love my post
>so much that you hope that it never runs just so I can keep posting insane
>messages.
> From the mouth of my more than shade tree mechanic, he says that we did
> not put enough gas int he carbs to produce the leak that we got today
> which leads him to believe that the pump was actually pulling gas.  And
> never before had we gotten this leak... of course my more that shade tree
> mechanic is insane.  Help... he's beating me and laughing about it and
> enjoying it.
>Alesia
>battered & bruised by the mechanic
>with a leaking comatose 65 Monza

It doesn't sound like you actually verified that the fuel pump is
working.  Try disconnecting the pump-to-carb line at the carb and putting
the end into a container and crank the engine.  The goal is to reduce the
number of "maybes" so that you can isolate the problem.

Cheering from the sidelines,
Ken