<VV> alternator fan/pulley removal

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:15:25 EST

In a message dated 11/21/04 2:54:03 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
joey4556@excite.com writes:

> Does anyone know whether the nut that retains the fan/pulley on an
> alternator has right or left handed threads. I've got one that is being very stubborn
> and I don't remember ever taking one off before. I have penetrating oil on
> it trying to work its magic until I discover which way to turn it. Thanks in
> advance. Joey Phillips

Hey, Joey,
Are you holding the shaft with the appropriate allen wrench? Hold the alt in
a vise with the allen wrench up against the vise, then turn the nut ccw with a
long handled box wrench. That will give you lots of leverage.
Regards,
Bob Helt